Author: Kevan Huston
You might think you’re pretty good at reading guys’ emotional cues, but are you really? If you want to know if the guy you’re seeing is falling for you, keep an eye out for these signs.
- HE BUYS YOU FLOWERS. I know, totally cliché, but it’s true. When a guy is totally into you, he can’t help himself – he just wants to express his devotion with a dozen roses. When he’s bringing you flowers just because, you can rest assured he’s all about you.
- HE DOESN’T TALK ABOUT YOU WITH HIS FRIENDS. You probably won’t have a way of verifying this, but when a guy is really into you, he totally clams up with his buds and gets real secretive. He doesn’t kiss and tell because he’s already really protective of the relationship. He would be disgusted by the thought of betraying the sanctity of your relationship.
- HE RESPONDS TO YOU RIGHT AWAY. A lot of guys when you’re dating may take their sweet time responding to your texts or calls, but not this cat. He pings you back ASAP every single time. He might even call and say, “Hey, I’m in a meeting but I just wanted to say hi.” Bingo. He is so into it’s not even funny.
- HE INVITES YOU TO MEET HIS MOM. “Hey, I’m going up to see my Mom this weekend. Do you want to come?” No further comment required.
- HE’S A HEALTHY LEVEL OF JEALOUS. A good red-blooded guy is gonna be a little jealous of your previous boyfriends. He might be a little sensitive, digging a bit to see how he compares to those other guys. Yup, here’s a guy who cares about what you think and is getting protective of his relationship with you.
- HE WANTS TO KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU. Look, let’s be honest, guys LOVE talking about ourselves. It’s part of our peacock strutting routine, showing off and seeking your favor. But when a guy is into you, he’s asking all about you—what matters to you, what your life aspirations are, your hopes for a family and career… He’s hooked.
- HE CAN’T HIDE HIS CHEESY GRIN AROUND YOU. When he sees you, he might smile so bigly he has to look away and maybe cover his mouth, almost as though he’s overcome with how happy he is to see you. I mean, wow.
- HE’S KEEN TO SHOW YOU OFF TO HIS FRIENDS. This isn’t quite at the level of visiting the parents, but when you get the call to come and hang with his friends and down a couple brews, this is a guy who wants to show you off. His friends already know how much he likes you, so they’re primed for your appearance. He’ll be little nervous. It’s a big moment for him – and for you!
- HE LOOKS AT YOU IN THAT KIND OF WAY. Start with the eyes. He’s studying you, not just looking at your eyes when he starts to speak before glancing away or looking at his phone. He’s researching his future in the contours of your mouth, your hair, your eyelashes. He’s staring at his future.
- HE OPENS UP TO YOU ABOUT HIS PAINFUL EXPERIENCES. It takes a lot for a guy to open up, even in this enlightened modern age. When he starts telling you about some of the pain in his life, it means he trusts you and wants to be emotionally close. This is extremely hard for a man to do. It’s a big deal when he does it.